PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Falling in Love... with Pumpkin Bread!


   Happy September, friends! The weather here has started getting cool in the evenings and I absolutely love it! I have had my pumpkin candle burning all week and I am about to get started with my fall decorating. My first step, as always, is going to be  buying some mums for the front porch. Eeek! I can hardly wait! :)
I have been wanting pumpkin bread for a while and with the gorgeous autumn weather this week, I couldn't resist! What says fall more than pumpkin bread?! Here is my easy recipe! :) 


First Mix:
4 egg yolks
2/3 cup water
1 cup cooking oil
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)

Then Add:
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
3 1/2 cups self-rising flour 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix egg yolks, water, oil, and pumpkin puree. I used a whisk.

Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour and mix well. I just used a large spoon.

After mixing everything well (try to get most of the lumps out, but a few are ok), pour into three medium loaf pans (about 3/4 full) that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You can also make 2 loaf pans and 6 muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Don't overcook. Wrap in saran wrap while warm. Enjoy! :) 





*If you decide to share, these make wonderful gifts! I like to make a batch every year using the mini loaf pans. I just wrap each one in saran wrap and tie a ribbon around it. :) 






1 comment: