PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 13, 2012

Weekend Craft Soiree & Blog Hop {34}

  Hey there! I hope you all had a wonderful week! My week started off in a most perfect way! Tim Tebow led the Broncos to win the first game in the playoffs! {Sorry Darby!} I LOVE Tim Tebow,  like really, really LOVE him! ;) The week got even better when our team won the National Championship game! Roll Tide! Jeff has 2 kids at U of Alabama and we have had the privilege of knowing some of the players. AJ McCarron, the quarterback, and a few of the other players were even so sweet to take time from their busy schedules to send Jeff birthday wishes the other day! They are truly a genuinely sweet group of guys and I am so proud of them! Then to make the week even better, the next night, sweet Trevor, Jeff's other son scored 25 points in his basketball game! The week started off wonderful and I got lots made to go in my Etsy shop!  
   Unfortunately, today has been pretty sad... You probably know that One Life to Live, my favorite show ever, came on for the last time ever after over 43 years! I have watched this show since I was just a little girl and I just feel so heartbroken. I wish they would have just left the soap operas alone... The show ended with a cliffhanger and the narrator kept mentioning "Part 2" and "a sequel", so I am hoping that maybe they will create a spin-off or something when some of the characters move to General Hospital... Really hoping...  



 Now that y'all have gotten to hear my ranting and raving ;), it looks like it's that time again! Time for you to link up what you have been working on and make a few new friends while you are here! Did you see my post from earlier today about the fun Handmade Valentine Gift Swap? If not, you will definitely want to check it out! I can assure you that you will not want to miss out on the fun! ;)


I am loving this Free Weekly Planner Printable from Lindsay at Artsy-Fartsy Mama! This is a perfect way to help you become more organized for 2012!



If you are loving the feather trend as much as I am, you will be thrilled to find this Feather Earrings Tutorial from vixenMade!


Briana at Babblings and More did a truly amazing job on this Rose Ruffle Throw Pillow! It barely costed her anything to make it and the method she used to create the piping is simply brilliant! 









Thank you all for sharing your fabulous projects!
I hope you found some new friends while you were here!
If you were featured this week, feel free to grab a "featured" button.




Party Rules:
  • Become a follower of Homemaker in Heels. Let me know, so I can follow you back! 
  • Link up your favorite craft, DIY project, recipe, tip, post... you get the idea. Please link to the actual post URL, **NOT YOUR MAIN URL**
  • Do NOT link up items in your Etsy Shop, unless you have a tutorial
  • PLEASE mingle a little while and leave a comment on at least the 2 projects posted before yours. This is a blog hop, so follow a couple others and if someone follows you, be sure to return the favor and follow that person back.
  • Grab a button or link back to Homemaker in Heels somewhere on your blog.


10 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Thanks for hosting this wonderful party. Glad to be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thank you SO much for featuring our Rose Ruffle Pillow! You just made my day!
    Brooke from babblingsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting Crystal! I love your parties! I linked up a couple of projects and sent you an email about valentines day! Would you be interested in doing a blog swap sometime in the near future? I've got a couple ideas that might work for yours, just let me know what you think! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Crystal
    I'm visiting via The Answer is Chocolate, and am now following your blog. Thanks for hosting this par-tay. I've linked up my 2012 Calendar & Photo Canvas. I hope you can come over and visit sometime soon at
    altered-artworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for featuring my feather earrings!! Hope you have a great weekend, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the exception of your show ending, it seems like you had a pretty great week :-) Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete