PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 25, 2016

Easy Homemade {Powdered} Laundry Detergent



   Happy Monday, y'all! I don't know about you guys, but this new year has me wanting to clean out closets and save money! With all of this purging, I have been doing a ton of laundry!
 
  Today I am sharing with you this super easy recipe for homemade laundry detergent. It takes less than 10 minutes to make it and it works SO well! For the price of one container of store-bought detergent, you can make several batches of homemade!


Here's what you need:
1 cup Borax (about $4)
1 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda ($3)
1 bar of soap- ($1) I used Fels-Naptha, which is made for laundry stains, but you cause any regular bar of soap (Dove, Ivory, etc.)





Grate your bar of soap. Any grater will do, I just grabbed the first one I happened to come across, which was this box grater.
 


Then add the Borax and Washing soda. 


Stir it all together for about 5 minutes or until is has the consistency shown in the photo below...


 There you have it! Enough laundry soap to do 64 loads! I put mine in this pretty vintage canister. I caught my mother adding this to her yard sale items a little while back! I just love it and can't believe she was going to get rid of it! 


  Just use 1 tablespoon per load, 2 for a heavily soiled load. I have been using it for several days now and LOVE it! I was afraid it would be harsh for sensitive skin, but it is perfect! I am going to make another batch soon, so that my canister will be full. I may even add some essential oils! Have you ever tried making your own laundry detergent? If not, I hope you will now! Lord knows I have lots of other things I would rather spend all the money I will be saving on! Have a wonderful day! 

2 comments: