PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Memo Cork Board with Embellished Push Pins

  

   The next few weeks, I will be working on practical decor for my craft room. This is an easy project that can be made pretty quickly!
All you need is:
  • a cork board
  • fabric
  • craft paint
  • thumb tacks
  • embellishments for your thumb tacks
  • hot glue gun

   Just paint the frame of your cork board a color that coordinates with your fabric. This color is a new favorite of mine, pink melon by Folk Art. You will soon learn that I am totally NOT an orange person, but I am trying to start using melons more, it's all about baby steps. :) (I think it is because being a fair-skinned blonde, it washes me out when I wear it, so I just carry this no orange rule into every aspect of my life, haha. Do any of you do this with a color you can't wear?)  Anyways, this have just enough pink to be quite lovely! I painted about 3 coats, waiting until each coat was almost dry before applying the next coat.
   Next, cut out your fabric to the size of the actual cork board, allowing about an exra half inch around the edges. Just place this on your board and tuck your edges all the way around. Your Memo board is now complete!
   If you want to make a couple of pretty tacks, just take a thumb tack and hot glue your button, bead, whatever you choose, to the thumb tack and thats it! I used buttons, by the way. Easy huh? Hope you all have a blessed day! :)

~Crystal :)

3 comments: