PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Inspiration... I NEED your Lovely Opinions, and a sneak peek! :)




Hi friends! Happy Monday! I don't know about you all, but I have got an awful case of Spring Fever when it comes to decorating! I am wanting all of these dark, drab colors out of here, and ready to let the Spring and sunshine in! I have so many projects I am excited to begin right now, that I am not quite sure where to start! Can anyone relate? :)
   A few of my ideas and projects, I am debating on. This is where I need some opinions from you! :) This is our staircase. Totally plain. I have a few ideas here.

Do you see the mirror at the landing? Right now it is gold (as is the light above it) I am thinking of painting the frame, but not sure on a color yet. I also have a little vanity chair in the corner that came from Jeff's mothers old house. I really want to recover it and paint it! :)


I found this picture of a staircase photo gallery wall the other day at The Inspired Room. I am in LOVE! This is my goal for my staircase wall!



I just got my Valspar paint sample of Wintergreen Ash thru the mail, and it will be the PERFECT color to paint some of my frames to recreate this wall.



How awesome is this FREE kit! If you haven't ordered yours yet, be sure to go to Valspar's website and order yours! :)

This is my "dining room." I don't have a dining room table right now, only a table in my breakfast area, so I decided to move my desk in here for now. It has worked out ok. I have a beautiful view of the Alabama countryside and some blooming shrubbery right now. I have had a problem with bumping my head on the chandelier, though. See the window? I simply can not decide what kind of curtains to hang in here with this window. Would you hang the rod above the entire window or just belove the arch? Decisions, decisions... :) Before I go, I want to should you a sneak peek at my next post.


I am only going to say that this is the fabric that I used and it basically is a "trash to treasure" that is turning out lovely! Can't wait to show you! I hope you are all beginning your week with a very blessed Monday! If you aren't, just know things will ALWAYS get better, and they can always be worse. SO appreciate the life you have and make it wonderful! :) If you aren't currently a follower, I would LOVE for you to follow along and introduce yourself! Please let me know if you do, I just love meeting new people.  I look forward to reading your comments! :)


7 comments:

  1. I think your vision for the stairway will look lovely! What a great idea! Have fun with it!
    As far as your window covering dilemma....it depends on what kind of treatments you're considering as to where they are mounted. Since the window is so pretty, if privacy isn't an issue I think stationery side panels would look beautiful mounted just slightly above the break on cut to measure hidden rods. I can email you a picture if you want to see what I'm talking about.
    Anyway...I enjoyed my visit!
    Have a beautiful evening~
    ;-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. UBP-I am sure going to be following your blog! I can't wait to go to your archive and read from the beginning.
    http://picturesonthehill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy!

    Love the staircase!!

    I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

    Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

    Have a very blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog!! Thanks for finding me! I am a huge fan of painting mirror frames and I think that the stairway frames are so gorgeous! I tried to do something similar on my stairs and it needs some work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Blog title caught my eye on the Ultimate Blog Party! Love your blog. I'll be following you. Here's my blog: http://theritterfam.blogspot.com
    Enjoy the last day of UBP11!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Crysta! I found your blog through Amanda's WBP. I Love your ideas- they are fresh and fun! Your staircase is beautiful and I like your idea of the photo gallery. I did a gallery up my staircase of all my kid's artwork-just put it in the clear glass clip frams-inexpensive and fun.

    Anyway, Thank you for the ideas-I'm glad I found you and I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I’m belatedly stopping by from the UBP. Nice to meet you! I am a new follower : )
    It looks like you have lots of fun projects to do! It will be fun to see them when they are done.

    I have two blogs, and I’d love for you to stop by when you get a minute. Thanks!

    http://giveawaycorner.blogspot.com/ (A free giveaway every weekday)
    http://anne-somekindofwonderful.blogspot.com/ (Family blog)

    ReplyDelete