PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Lovin' Weekend Soiree & Blog Hop {15}

   Happy, Happy Friday!!! It is that time again!  It is my favorite day of the week! :) The day we all get to see great ideas, discover other awesome blogs, and make new friends! :) I hope you are all having a wonderful week! I have received some wonderful suggestions, but I am still taking all of the suggestions I can get for a name for my weekend soiree for the fall. I will let you guys vote on it when I get a few more. :) 
   I also have one more issue I need a little assistance with. Can anyone give me a good site in which I can find a tutorial on how I can move my labels, parties, features, etc into categories at the to of may page. I tried once and it said I could not do it with the template I am using? Maybe I was doing something wrong? Thanks! :)


   Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to link up last week! Have are the links that caught my eye... 


   Do you have a little one starting back to school? If so, you will LOVE this brilliant and easy idea for a Back to School Survival kit from Thrifty Crafty Girl! It is the perfect gift that I am sure any teacher would LOVE! 


Check out this amazing Dish towel transformation at the Fancy Frugal Life! This is a clever way to turn your basic dishtowels into No-slip Towels


   Have you ever made homemade noodles?! Well, I haven't, but I will definitely be making some soon after seeing this Homemade Noodles recipe from Amber at Quilted Euphoria! I had no idea they were so easy to make!


Thank you all so much for sharing your awesomeness last week! I hope you found a little inspiration and made some new friends while you were here! If I featured you this week, feel free to grab a "featured" button!

A FEW FRIENDLY GUIDELINES:
**Become a Follower of Homemaker in Heels. Let me know, so I can follow you back! :)
**Link up your favorite craft, DIY project, recipe, tip, post... you get the idea. Please link to the actual post URL, **NOT YOUR MAIN URL
**Do NOT link up items in your Etsy Shop, unless you have a tutorial.
**PLEASE mingle a little while and leave a comment on at least the 2 projects posted before yours.
**Grab a Button or link back to Homemaker in Heels somewhere on your blog.



19 comments:

  1. Yay!! Party time!! Loving that 1st Day Survival Kit! ; ) Thanks for hosting!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting Crystal! Have a lovely weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That non-slip towel is super cute! I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for featuring me! I am really excited! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet feature on my little towels Crystal! Linked up again and following :)

    Lina
    Fancy Frugal life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am a new follower! I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for being such a wonderful hostess! Hope you have a great weekend! Thanks for your sweet comment on my weekend post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for the double post! The first time I got an error message so I thought it didn't work. Thanks for the invite, and I am following your site now!
    Krista
    http://krista-artista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Crystal, thank you for hostessing :) how adorably brilliant is that first day of school survival kit? Love it! xo, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting and for the invite -- I'll also add your linky party to my list. :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting Miss Crystal! Love the custom wreath!! HUGS~
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  13. We just linked up and added your to our list of link parties. We also are your newest followers. you have a beautiful blog!
    We would love to invite you to link join us at our link party! its on Tuesdays, Crafty Lassie Tuesday, it will be our second party! Hope to see you there.
    Thanks!
    Heather & Rose
    www.SewStylishBoutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Crysta, Re: labels at top of page, are you using blogger? If so, you should be able to add pages. Click Design > Posting > Edit Pages. Or are you trying to link to previous posts that all fall into one "category"?

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Crysta! Your blog looks great! And yes, I'm off to try making those noodles! As for linking pages to the top - I think you can create a new nav bar with pages. After you follow the above directions, I tihnk you can choose for it to be either across the top or listed in your sidebar. Also, I just opened my first blog hop and would love for you to link up your diy crafts - anything related to nursery & kids room decor - like the lamp I showcased and if you have another, too. Also please let me know if you have any probs linking up - this is kind of a test run. Here's a direct link: http://playfuldecor.blogspot.com/2011/08/tuesdays-nursery.html
    Hope to see you! Have a great week! Nan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the invite. We linked up some of our projects and will see you again on Friday.:-) Oh...we are also new followers. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Crystal! Thanks for hosting every week! I love linking up to your parties!

    I gave you and award! Please go here:
    http://maidendshade.blogspot.com/2011/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining me at Create With Joy! I love your blog! I am your newest follower and I look forward to joining your party on a regular basis!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete