PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, September 9, 2011

Falling in Love... with Pumpkin Bread!


   Happy Friday! I don't know about y'all, but I am SO excited that fall is quickly approaching! The weather here in the South has been in the 60s and 70s the past few days (a nice change from 100 degree temps a couple of weeks ago!). This is definitely my favorite time of year! I have had my pumpkin candle burning all week and I am about to get started with my fall decorating. My first step, as always, is going to be  buying some mums for the front porch. Eeek! I can hardly wait! :)
I have been wanting pumpkin bread for a while and with the gorgeous autumn weather this week, I couldn't resist! What says fall more than pumpkin bread?! Here is my easy recipe! :) 


First Mix:
4 egg yolks
2/3 cup water
1 cup cooking oil
1 can pumpkin (15 oz)

Then Add:
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
3 1/2 cups self-rising flour 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix egg yolks, water, oil, and pumpkin puree. I used a whisk.

Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour and mix well. I just used a large spoon.

After mixing everything well (try to get most of the lumps out, but a few are ok), pour into three medium loaf pans (about 3/4 full) that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You can also make 2 loaf pans and 6 muffins. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Don't overcook. Wrap in saran wrap while warm. Enjoy! :) 





*If you decide to share, these make wonderful gifts! I like to make a batch every year using the mini loaf pans. I just wrap each one in saran wrap and tie a ribbon around it. :) 






11 comments:

  1. This looks SO yummy! And I even have a can of pumpkin sitting in my pantry. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good. I love fall and I love pumpkin. Will be making this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks super tasty. I think I have a can of pumpkin in my cabinet too! This would be a wonderful breakfast treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I made pumpkin bread this week too! I used fresh pumpkin though (b/c it was cheaper at my store than canned). It just gets me in the mood for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I’m so excited for all the fall flavors...thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm, yummy! Thanks for linking up with the frog. I am going to have to try this out for sure! Hope all is well!!
    Hugs,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look delish! I'm so excited for fall to be back. I would love for you to link up with us.
    http://www.thesasselife.com/2011/09/link-party-3.html
    Hope to see you soon!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw,I wish our whether was that nice. We have been in the mid nineties for a couple of weeks. For us(California) though, that has been nice!
    I love the Fall too and pumpkin bread and yet I HATE pumpkin pie...bleck!
    I have never tried to make it. Perhaps it's about time I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for sharing this @ Show & Share! I appreciate the support, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.s. I just looked up "Charles Chips" and people buy those used cans one site had that size for $24.....crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love everything pumpkin! Mmmmmm. Thank you so much for linking your bread up at Savvy HomeMade Monday.

    ReplyDelete