PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, November 17, 2011

{CHLOE}: EASY (No-Sew) Fabric Flowers

  There are a ton of ways to make pretty fabric flowers, but this is by far the easiest way I have found yet! You can make different variations of this flower by making your cuts different widths or using wider fabric. They are just so much fun! You can use them for brooches, barrettes, headbands, wreaths, etc. I have been making lots of wreaths lately and that is what I have been using them for. Since I have several different types of flowers I will be showing you in the coming weeks, I think each pretty flower needs a name. I will call this one Chloe. 


Here's what you do. Cut a strip of fabric. (Any fabric will work, but I used felt here) The one I used here is about 12in by 4in. 


Fold in half lengthwise and secure with a long strip of hot glue. Then cut almost to the edge down your length of fabric. The cuts I did here are a little over 1/4 of an inch. 


Add a little hot glue along the edge and begin rolling the fabric, adding a little hot glue as you go. 


Continue rolling and glue until it looks like this. Then cut a piece of felt slightly larger than the back of your flower.  


Add some hot glue to the back and place your square of felt there. 


After your glue dries trim around to remove the excess fabric so that it now looks like this.


And your flower is complete! 


You can even give your flower a different look by adding a fabric covered button or combining 2 smaller strips of coordinating fabric.


I have been making lots of flowers lately not only for wreaths, but also to use making Christmas gifts. I have lots more flower tutorials coming soon! 




Coming soon... Gracie! 













5 comments:

  1. So cute! I've been making lots of felt flowers too. Must be something in the air :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We're really into flowers these days too! I will have to try this out. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute and I love all of them grouped together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is super cute!
    and looks so easy!

    gotta give it a try for sure :)

    lovelovelove
    moo.
    http://themusingsoflilmoomoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo....this is probably a stupid question but to make smaller flowers do you just do less felt? Like, a shorter strip?

    ReplyDelete