PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 18, 2011

How to {EASILY} Remove the Swiffer WetJet Cap to Refill Yourself!

  I don't know know about y'all, but I am so excited to start decorating for Christmas. Today I have been cleaning the day away so that I can start decking the halls asap! When I pulled out my Swiffer WetJet, I realized that, yet again, I was out of cleaning solution. Between replacing the solution and the cleaning pads it has easily costed me $30 a month many months just to use my Swiffer Wet Jet. 
  Today, I was smarted than that. I remembered a tip I saw on Pinterest a few months ago from Instructables and you guys are going to love it! I learned how to EASILY remove the cap to the Swiffer WetJet solution! 


Here's what you do:

1. Dunk the cap of your Swiffer reservoir into boiling water for about 10 seconds. 


2. Using a towel, twist the cap off! 


3. If your cap has locking tabs, you can just use nail clippers to remove them. The ones on my cap weren't very large so I was able to skip this step.

  I just rinsed out the reservoir and replaced it with my own cleaning solution. If you prefer natural cleaners, you can just use a mixture of vinegar and water. This will make your floors (especially hardwood) sparkle! 
  My next money saving task will be to make my own cleaning pads. When I do, I will be sure to share how I do it with all of you fellow homemakers. Hope this tip helps you as much as it has helped me! Have a fantastic day! :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh really? I had no idea about this. That cleaner is so pricey so I will have to try this instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal! Found you via the link party over at Truly Lovely and I'm following you via GFC :) My Swiffer solution just ran out and I was planning on doing this too! Would love to see how you make your homemade cleaning pads...I hate spending money on those darn things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest has the coolest ideas! Good to know it works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS!! I can't wait to see your homemade pads soon!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!!! Cant wait to do this!!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to try on my clorox mop - the cleaners are getting harder to find - Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Crystal! This is perfect:) I am seriously loving your post! It is so informative and I think my subscribers would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable (http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-2.html). I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday!

    Warmly,
    Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
    Here's the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Crystal, what a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing with us. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant I got the link to your post from theslum.wordpress.com who guest posted on A Diamond in the Stuff. I missed a step there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SMART move! I love doing stuff like this, sometimes I used a micro fiber towel instead of the swiffer duster pads, then I can re-use it.

    I was searching for swiffer coupons when I found your blog. I thought it was great, I also found this post that had a great swiffer coupon there were like 6 for December, thought you might like it!

    ReplyDelete