PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Serenity

  Hey there, my friends. I hope you are all enjoying this Memorial Day weekend. As you celebrate with your families, don't forget the reason for this holiday. I'm so grateful to the many fallen heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice by giving their lives that I may have freedom. I'm also incredibly thankful to all of those who are currently serving in the Armed Forces and to those who are now veterans. To all of you, and to your families: THANK YOU.
  Today's post isn't very long. I just felt like I needed to share this with you. Most of you may already be familiar with this, some of you may not. Either way, I think at some point or another, we all face times when we need this prayer...

This is the Serenity Prayer...


Pinned Image


There is actually a second half to this prayer that many people aren't aware of...

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.

  Sometimes, as we face uncertainty in our lives, this can almost be a difficult prayer to turn to... at least, it has been for me at times. When we learn to trust God with these uncertainties instead of trying to handle everything all on our own, whatever we face in life will be so much easier to handle and overcome... :) 

   I hope you've all had a Happy Sunday!!! Have a wonderful day tomorrow! Be sure to stop back by! The lovely Stephanie from A Blessed Home will be here sharing a guest post in honor of Memorial Day!  










3 comments:

  1. I've never heard the second part of that Serenity Prayer. It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years in AA . never heard the 2nd part of the serenity prayer! Thank you for sharing that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey twitter friend! Sorry I just now officially followed your blog..I'm a slacker.

    Thanks for sharing the second part of that prayer, I had never read it before!

    ReplyDelete