PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Peppermint Punch

Hello all! I'm sorry I haven't posted in several days! I has been so hectic around here and, being the procrastinator that I am, I have yet to finish my Christmas shopping. I think that deep down, I just love the craziness and pressure of finishing at the last minute, because that is how I do my shopping every single year! I have been several times to finish it up, and I end up wondering around aimlessly in the stores buying things with absolutely no relevance to what I intended to buy! Can anyone relate? :) Getting to the point of this post, I wanted to share this wonderful punch that has become a new tradition around here! A lady at my church shared this recipe with me years ago and since then I have made it almost every year. I will post pictures when I make it this year, I just wanted to go ahead and share this recipe in case any of you want to make this oh-so-easy, festive punch this week!

Christmas Peppermint Punch
1 qt Egg Nog
1 liter bottle of Club Soda, chilled
1/2 gallon Peppermint ice cream, softened
hard peppermint candies, crushed
     Stir together first 3 ingredients in a punch bowl. Sprinkle with peppermint candy, and serve immediately.
*If you have time, something I like to do is dip the rim of the punch cups into the crushed peppermints.

   I hope you enjoy this as much as I do! It is just wonderful! Happy shopping and I hope you are all slowing down enough to enjoy this wonderful time of the year!

~Crysta :)

2 comments: