PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Decorate a Picture Frame with Paper... and some "Homestate" football pride!


This picture frame is a little gift I decided to create for a friend who went to last year's ROSE Bowl/ BCS Championship game. I am going to get a picture of her from the game and give to her. See, this was the game in which "our" (being that I am an Alabama girl) Crimson Tide won the National Championship. So, rather than write Rose bowl or something on the frame, I decided to just use houndstooth scrapbooking paper, and create a little red Rosette to embellish the frame with. Sort of symbolic for the Rose Bowl, ya know? If you know anything about Alabama football, you will know that anything Houndstooth is something that represents the Crimson Tide. This comes from the hat that the great Coach Bear Bryant always wore, and has just "stuck" as sort of a tradition. What I love about this frame is that whether you are an Alabama football fan, or not, it is so cute! Houndstooth is just a classic print that has made a comeback the past couple of years. Anyways, let me show you just how I made it, before I continue to ramble all day.

What you will need:
  • Unfinished photo frame
  • scrapbooking paper
  • paint
  • mod podge

First of all you need to paint the edges of the frame with the paint color of your choice, I used black. (You may can see that I originally used white, then realized black would look better) I painted the outer and inner edges. Wait for this paint to dry completely.



Next, take your scrapbooking paper, and lay face down. Place your frame on top of it and trace around the edges with a pencil. Cut this out and then glue to your frame. I used a paintbrush and applied Mod Podge all over the top of the frame and press the paper onto it, making sure it was straight.


Now, once this dries take a sharp blade, like the X-Acto knife I am using here, and trim any excess paper from the edges.



Finally, all you do is apply a coat of Mod Podge over the top, allow it to dry, and that's all there is to it! Now just make your flower and hot glue it on! 
Go here to find out how to make the No-Sew Fabric Rosette. You will not believe how easy it is!



Hugs~
Crysta:)

2 comments: