PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Coconut Chicken Tenders with Apricot Dipping Sauce {Guest Post ~ Saving Money Living Life}

  Good Morning, Lovelies! I am absolutely thrilled to have Heather and Jessica from Saving Money Living Life joining us today! We actually decided to swap blogs for the day! I'm over at their place today sharing my Cheesy Hashbrown Bake recipe! Heather and Jessica are both absolutely lovely and just as sweet as they can be! I hope you'll stop by their blog and let them know I sent you! I promise you'll love them as much as I do! Here's Heather...


  Hello, Homemaker in Heels blog readers! I am absolutely thrilled that Crystal is doing a blog swap with us (Heather & Jessica) from Saving Money Living Life. I am married to my smart, funny, and hunky husband Eric who is back in school right now. I work at eMealsand love to blog about recipes, tips, cooking, our $40/week grocery budget, Pinterest (one of my newest obsessions) and coupons.

I thought I’d share this recipe with you all because it’s one you should definitely have in your repertoire. This recipe is phenomenal! It’s my blog partner’s recipe and here’s what she has to say about it, “This recipe is my husband’s favorite, which is evidenced by his requesting it for his birthday dinner this Friday night.

My favorite part about it is that you cook the tenders in the oven versus having to cook them stovetop in batches, so they all come out hot and ready for mealtime. This also means minimal cleanup, if you utilize aluminum foil. Also, the sauce is delicious and simple to make- and surprisingly enough, I hate both apricot preserves and mustard. (Actually, I despise mustard). Yet this sauce fits perfectly with the coconut flavor. Enjoy- I hope you all enjoy this as much as we do!”

Coconut Chicken Tenders with Apricot Dipping Sauce

Ingredients

1 cup coconut

1/2 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1 and 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips (or you can be lazy like I sometimes am, and buy pre-cut tenders!)

1 egg, slightly beaten

1/3 cup butter

Sauce Ingredients

1 cup apricot preserves

2 tbsp Dijon mustard


Directions

1. Mix together coconut, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in flat dish.

2. One by one, dip chicken strips into egg, then coat with coconut mixture.

3. Place in shallow baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.

4. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until brown and cooked through, turning once.

5. While baking, make sauce by combining apricot preserves and Dijon mustard.

6. Serve immediately, and enjoy!

If you think you’d enjoy learning more of our recipes, saving tips and more please follow us on Pinterest & Facebook! Please let us know you found us via Crystal’s blog. God bless!


  Does this sound delicious or what?! I mean, really! Thanks so much for swapping blogs with me for the day, Heather & Jessica! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. check this out

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/07/wowbloggy-friends-know-how-to-make-your.html

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete