PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 13, 2011

DIY Easy Decorative Twine Ball


I am finally back to my blog after being under the weather for the past week and snowed in at that! I am feeling much better and had to share this easy home decor project with you! I plan to make several in different sizes and put in a basket on my table in my foyer. I think these twine balls are just beautiful!

Here is what you need:
  • twine
  • Elmers glue or Modge Podge
  • water
  • balloon
  


 Now, all you have to do is mix your glue and water, half and half. Blow up your balloon.
Begin unrolling your twine into your glue mixture. As you do this, begin wrapping the twine around the balloon.



 Do this until you have the amount of twine you prefer. Put as much as you want, just make sure you leave some holes large enough to pop and pull out the balloon.



Now, just let it dry. I let mine dry overnight. Once it is completely dry, just pop the balloon.
Now, just pull your popped balloon out, and you have your beautiful twine ball!


I hope you love these as much as I do! Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs!
~Crysta:)

handmade projects

17 comments:

  1. I do love it! And it looks like so much fun to do too!!!!
    Oh the things you can do with twine!!!
    xoxo
    Robin
    (Hope you're staying warm!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, i have been looking at buying these for awhile now and now i can just make my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea! These can be a little pricey at the stores (for what you're actually paying for - a ball of twine!)

    Thanks!

    Sam
    The Mom and Dad Reviews
    http://www.themomanddadreviews.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These balls look great:) They look as if they were of rattan, not a string

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I agree that they really don't look like twine at all! I had never thought of it before, but they really do look like rattan! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I always loved making paper-mache balloons. This is so much more grown up (but just as much fun)!

    http://kandidkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that looks great, I've seen a lot of versions, but yours inspires me to try (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great and simple idea...might just do this today! I would love for you to link this to my Fridays Unfolded linky at http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2011/02/fridays-unfolded-5.html

    Blessings,

    Alison
    Stuff and Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW CUTE!!! I love it!! I'm gonna def try to make one of these! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! you have just solved my "what am i supposed to put in that?" issue! thank you!! never thought of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow-this is great -love twine balls and you made it so simple!! I'm your newest follower!! Stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a GREAT idea!!! Thanks for sharing...I'm going to make some of these for myself!

    Amy @ sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea! Thanks! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just came across your tutorial and was wondering have you made any with glitter? I'd like to make some with glitter, but would you suggest sprinkling with glitter before the ball dries or waiting until the ball dries then applying more glue, then glitter?

    Thanks!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete