PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 9, 2011

No-Sew Rosette Coasters

  
   Lately, I have been making up lots of rosettes for another project I have been working on. Tonight, Jeff thought of the cutest idea! Rosette Coasters! I love how he supports my blog! He actually comes up with half of my project ideas! He has Lyme disease (from a tick bite) which has prevented him from being able to walk over the past couple of years. He was SO athletic before becoming sick. He could be so bitter, but he is so totally opposite of that! It is amazing how great of an attitude he always has! With lots of prayer and the amazing power of God's healing, I feel sure he will be able to overcome this awful disease.
    Anyways, back to the project... :) I had a few rosettes that I made really thin and flat and these were perfect for my cute new coasters! If you would like to see how to make the no-sew rosettes, I have a tutorial here. Just make them slightly larger than the one in this tutorial for your coasters.
    I already had a roll of corkboard that I purchased at Hobby Lobby a little while back. I used a spray paint can to trace circles and used scissors to cute these out. Then I just used my handy little hot glue gun and glue the cork to the bottom of my rosettes. And there ya have it! That is how I made my amazing little coasters!




    I think these would be great little gifts! I plan to make lots more! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Remember to never take anything for granted. We all take being able to walk for granted every single day, rather than realize what a gift it actually is. Also, please remember Jeff in your prayers...
The coasters match my NoSew Burlap Rosette Lamp PERFECTLY!  They look so cute and are the perfect size for my glass of Southern SWEET iced tea! :)

8 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea, they look great, love the coaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coasters and the lamp!!! They look great together and are perfect for an original homemade gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!! Love that they match your lamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I found you on Truly Lovely. What a cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how they go with the lamp :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran across your coasters on Tatertots and Jello! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw your coasters on the Craft-O-Maniac party & had to come back to tell you how awesome they are!! I am so saving this to my "I wanna make it" craft file!

    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete