PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, October 7, 2011

Guest Post: Candy Bucket Cutie from Christy at Christy's Cuties!

   Happy Friday, my friends! I am excited to say that we have another fabulous Halloween guest post today! Please help me welcome sweet Christy from Christy's Cuties! Here's Christy...


Good morning Homemaker In Heels readers.  I am so excited to be here today!  Isn't Crystal and her blog the best?  I love everything about her cute blog!  I am Christy and I blog over at Christy's Cuties.



I like to blog about sewing, crafts, saving money, and even some fun family things in between.  Today I am going to show you what I would deem a "cutie" candy bucket for Halloween.  Are you ready?  Lets go!
I like to do projects with things I already have, or by re-purposing things.  For this I decided to re-use one of the many ice cream buckets that I have been saving.
I started by spray painting the bucket.  I used a flat black Krylon.
Here is the new beginning.  I did not spray the handle, I just took it off.
I started by dressing up the black with a bright orange pumpkin.  I just free handed the pumpkin and then continued adding layers of paint.
I decided that this would be used for my daughter, so every girl needs a little "bling" right?  I mean, candy AND bling?? Yes, please!  So I decided to use glitter and I made some bling circles all over. 
After the bucket, paint, and glitter had dried I added the handle, and tied some ribbon on either side.  Here is the final outcome.
I love the "bling" and the ribbons on either side!  It's much more fun than the normal plastic pumpkin bucket.  Don't ya think?
The last picture!  I can't wait to see how many times we will get to fill it up this year.  :)
If you have a minute, I would love for you to come on over and check out my other cuties.  Thanks so much Crystal for having me over.  I have had a great time!  I hope you all like my "Candy Bucket Cutie"!

What a cute and fun way to add a little "glam" to trick or treating! Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous project with us today, Christy! Y'all be sure to stop by her fantastic blog, Christy's Cuties! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. cute idea! I love the ribbons and glitter polka dots! I will have to make this for my little one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glitter and ribbons Oh my!!!! This is such a great idea Christy, and gives me a reason to eat more ice cream :-) Thank you for sharing, I'm going to hop over to your blog and check out some more of your crafty ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea...so creative!
    Sarah-www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

    ReplyDelete