PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 2, 2011

DIY Scrappy Rag Wreath


    Lately I have been "summerfying" my bathroom and I have got to create a few things to help decorate the walls. It has been a while since I have made a wreath, so I decided to throw together an easy one! It didn't cost me anything to make!  That is my favorite kind of project!


Materials Needed:
  • Fabric scraps ( about 1" wide x 6" long)
  • old wire hanger
  • a good movie or tv show... you will be tearing strips of fabric for a little while
   First, I twisted my hanger into a circle for the wreath. I made it about 10 inches wide. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect, lots of fabric will be covering the wire soon!

   After I finished tearing my fabric strips, I began tying them around the wreath, then pushing them together. I also used some ribbon, ric rac, and tulle. I continued this until I was completely finished. I used aqua, pink, yellow, and green fabrics. I decided to add this little scripture rock using twine. It actually was a keychain before! One great thing about a rag wreath is that you can do one for any season, just by using different colors!


This hand towel was the inspiration for my color choices.


I hope you are having a wonderful week! :)

I'll be linking here: http://tidymom.net/
and more parties listed on my sidebar

 

14 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty. I am going to start one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crysta found a rusty wire with no life in it, moved by Holy Spirit, she made it bend, so it became flexible, she toiled and tore and tied and loved until the colors of God's rainbow showed themselves and a new life was born - the wire became a colorful wreath - may your walk with Jesus keep you blessed as you are saving many and His hand is upon your life and His angels are all about you. Blessings Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! I am your newest follower! I would love if you could link this up to my Delicately Constructed Friday!! Thanks so much!
    Have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darn cute. I love the colors. So bright and pretty. :)

    ~Liz


    P.S. I love your blog. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am already in love with your blog! I see myself spending a great deal of time poking around here! I love this idea. I have been looking for a way to spruce up my front and back door and I think this would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this...super cute :)can't wait to make one

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from the Creative Bloggers Party & Hop over at Create with Joy!

    What a wonderful inspiration! Never again will I carelessly throw away little ribbon scraps!

    So pleased to "meet" you!

    New follower,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the wreath also. I made one lately (on my blog)

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-rose-wreath.html

    I used tulle and netting using the same technique. I think I will make a scrappy wreath like yours, too. (Time for a change. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty! Love the colors you chose!
    Thanks for sharing!

    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fab, Crysta! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop and also in the Prefense giveaway. You rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so cute! I love the bright colors and the whole look of it! I found your blog through a link party and I LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this rag wreath. The colors are beautiful!! I need to try this .

    Would love if you would link up with us at Creative Creation Tuesday. We would love others to see your project too. Can be found here at Nothing But Country.

    Happy Creating! Thanks for sharing your great project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Loved your space! Calling from Good Life Wday. Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is seriously so cute! I love the colors! And I love that you used a hanger!! You would never know that is what made this! I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow back if you want!
    Camille @
    http://SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete