PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 25, 2011

Chevron Dry Erase Board

   Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I am finally pleased to say that I have a new project to show you! :)
   I am constantly having to write myself little notes.  I seriously have post-it notes everywhere! Can  anyone relate? :) This weekend I decided do create a project that would do away with all of my little "reminder" notes. I created a dry erase board for my kitchen. In my kitchen, all of my appliances, floors, and countertops are black. The cabinets are all white, and the walls are a dark tan color. I have decided to make yellow my main accent color. This was a great way to add color and function to my space! It was SOO easy!

Materials used:
Picture frame (14x18)
Chevron fabric I had left over from making pillow covers (you can order it here)
** I have also made these as gifts using scrapbooking paper



This is all you have to do:
Cut your fabric to fit your frame

Iron it really well and place it inside your frame just the way you would a photo.


You can also embellish it with flowers, vinyl, anything that tickles your fancy! :) I decided to leave mine just as it is.





If you will look at the door in this pic, look closely and you will see that the door actually slides into the wall. This leads into the dining room and really is a great way to divide the rooms...

I hope you have a SUPER wonderful week!

I will be linking...
http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/

16 comments:

  1. Crystal, I can so relate....I think I have post-its reminding me to read my post-its LOL Love what you did with this picture frame. The yellow chevron is fantastic; I'm smitted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I really love yellow AND chevron, so this is a great little project in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun, cute idea!! I love how creative you are Crystal! Thanks for sharing with everyone :) Btw... Your house looks just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! I'm going to have to add that to my to do list! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a girl after my heart. I'm a chevron-obsessed gal and this is just too darn cute and chic. Going on my crafty t0-do list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dry erase board turned out way cute! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG what a great idea! And I knew I loved you already, but the can of diet coke on the counter makes me love you even more! :-)

    quiltedeuphoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am visiting via Someday Crafts.

    This is a fantastic project! Thank you so much for sharing.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the chevron. Great project. Thanks for sharing at my Sizzle into Summer party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project! You did a fantastic job! Thanks for sharing:)
    Friend, I would love to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!
    I love this! I am getting married next April, and think this would be a great idea for the table seating chart! Quick question though- is this simply a dry erase marker that you have used to write over the glass? Does it wipe off clean ok?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lindsay! I think that is a great idea! I just used a dry erase marker and it wipes off perfectly! You can also use a regular washable marker (like Crayola) and use Windex to clean it right off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Crystal, thanks so much! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the yellow chevron! Very trendy! :) I keep meaning to make one of these... Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays Crystal!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this cute and simple idea! Found this @ Homemaker in Heels, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute! Love the chevron fabric!!

    ReplyDelete